1) Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog. (I wasn’t tagged, but I stole this from meltotheany a while ago, so thank you, Melanie! lol)
2) Answer the questions asked on this post — don’t stress it’s quick!
3) Nominate and notify some peeps. 5 preferred.
➽1) WHAT ARE YOUR TOP 3 BOOK PET PEEVES?
- When characters act too old, or rather, too experienced for their age in the book.
- Does hating a trope count as a pet peeve? I dunno, but I hate the Bury Your Gays™ trope and it needs to die. Let my queer characters live!
- I also get really mad when an online library service or book selling site only features books in English or makes it really hard to find books in other languages. Like I really want to read some YA novels in Spanish! And not necessarily translated from English! Let me find some books in its original Spanish that I can enjoy!
➽2) NAME A PERFECT READING SPOT.
Outside during warmer times, in a hammock, under a tree for some shade. That would be ideal.
➽3) GIVE 3 READING CONFESSIONS.
- I have a bad habit of saying I love an author’s work before I’ve even read it, because I love the ideas of their stories and their social media presence.
- I’ve been in a reading slump for like ever, but audiobooks is helping pull me out of it.
- I’ve definitely talked people from my local library out of getting problematic books and instead buying books that I want to read.
➽4) WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED DURING A BOOK?
I don’t cry over books that often, so that last time I remember crying over a book was All The Bright Places which I read in 2015.
➽5) NUMBER OF BOOKS ON YOUR BEDSIDE TABLE?
Five at the moment: What If It’s Us, The Prince and the Dressmaker, Fresh Ink, Señales que precederán al fin del mundo, and La casa en Mango Street.
➽6) FAVORITE READING SNACK?
Fruit snacks, they’re great and not messy!
➽7) WHAT ARE 3 BOOKS YOU’D RECOMMEND TO ANYONE?
- When The Moon Was Ours by Anna-Marie McLemore
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- TRANS/gressive by Riki Anne Wilchins
➽8) PROVIDE A PICTURE OF YOUR BOOKSHELF.
I’ve posted it before, but it’s a nice picture, and I’m proud of my growing bookshelf so here it is again:
➽9) HOW MUCH DO BOOKS MEAN TO YOU IN 3 WORDS?
The whole world 🌎
➽AND THE NOMINEES ARE:
Satou @ Inkish Kingdoms
Romie @ Who Said Reading Was Boring?
Kaya @ A Fictional Bookworm
Steff @ Reader Fox
Sav @ Booked On A Feeling
Charleigh @ Charleigh Writes
Thanks for tagging me! I appreciate it ✨✨
This looks like a fun little tag!